Monday, June 28, 2010

Movie review




"Kiki' s deliver service" is the 5th film that Hayao Miyazaki has directed. Mr. Miyazaki is one of the Japanese greatest animation director. The film is based on a bestselling Japanese children's book of same name written by Eiko Kakuno. The main character Kiki is a little "witch", but there are no negative images of it like a curse and evil. The film focus on independence and growth of a girl, and a sensitive portrait of her daily life. And this is the most profitable film in 1989 in Japan.

Kiki, a daughter of a human father and a witch mother leaves a house with talking cat Gigi under a full moon as a witch-training journey when she reaches her 13 birthday. Then she rooms at a bakery's house in seaside town. Meanwhile, she opens a deliver service by taking advantage of her magical power for flight using a broom. Sometimes she feels down about her tough work, but she draws her inspiration from Usutora who is an art student, and get her strength back. Then one day, her friend Tombo hangs in midair from airplane,and Kiki fly out of the door to help him...

When I was 10 years old, I saw the movie for the first time. At that time I was just excited beautiful Kiki's flying scenes. And now I'm 20 years, I throw a new look at the movie, I am deeply touched by the story of a little girl Kiki who are struggling to live her own life. Her lovely smile always makes me happy. I am a big Kiki's fan now and forever.

Please check my movie review on IMDb!
Have a good day:)

1 comment: